Growing the STEM
Growing the STEM has an immediate opening for a part-time Executive Director in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board Chair. With direction from the Chair and the Board, the Executive Director will lead the organization’s fundraising and will manage Growing the STEM’s day-to-day programmatic priorities.
Growing the STEM is a local nonprofit organization that organizes and supports math and science programs for students in Coeur d’Alene public schools, with an emphasis on developing youth leaders and encouraging underrepresented groups to pursue STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education and activities. Last year the organization, which is overseen by a volunteer board of directors, held 18 programs in 13 public schools, with over 40 youth leaders and 18 teachers serving more than 350 students. Our programs include Math is Cool teams, the Mathletes Mentor program, STEM Clubs, and STEAM Clubs (integrating the arts) at the elementary and middle school levels.
We are seeking a dynamic, independent self-starter with gifts in fundraising and partnership-building and experience in program development. Educators and retired educators are especially encouraged to apply (a background in education is not required). This is a local position with a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home.
See www.growingthestem.orgfor additional information.
Fundraising and Outreach
● Diversify Growing the STEM’s portfolio by securing funds from various sources
in order to sustain and develop the nonprofit’s operations, including businesses, foundations, and individual donors.
● Engage in a variety of fundraising methods, including grant writing; partnership
development with businesses and corporations; relationship development with foundations, individual donors, and other key contributors; event planning; and planned gifts.
● Work to raise the profile of Growing the STEM and its work with potential
donors and with the greater community.
● Oversee the management of Growing the STEM’s after-school programs and
camps, including working with school administrators to staff and manage programs, which are run by public school teachers.
● Oversee the training and recruitment of youth leaders to assist with programs.
● Oversee the development of new programs.
● Work with Board in the development of Growing the STEM’s events in alignment
with the organization’s mission.
● Assist the Board in developing and measuring goals and objectives and
communicating our success to members, funders, and other stakeholders.
● Manage and oversee contracts for services, such as website development, social
media management, PR.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Fundraising skills and experience
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Attention to detail and ability to take initiative
● Strong time management skills and schedule flexibility
● Experience in education and passion for STEM are a plus
● Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite, and
● Ability to operate and utilize own vehicle for Growing the STEM business on
Hours:Part-time (15-20 hours per week, 10 months/year); schedule flexibility and work-from-home
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter describing why you are well-suited for the position, resume, and list of references to: email@example.com. We are hiring with a short turn-around time, so apply now!